ThermiSmooth VS Cool Sculpt
What Is The Difference Between ThermiSmooth and Cool Sculpt
Why did I choose the ThermiSmooth? Both Modalities will melt fat, the ThermiSmooth with radio frequency heat and the CoolSculpting with cold (freezing). Both procedures do work when patients are selected properly, but neither is a substitution for liposuction when the areas are large.
What is ThermiSmooth?
The ThermiSmooth is an attachment to the ThermiRF radio frequency generator. There are other attachments listed below.
I placed the advantages and disadvantages of the non-surgical ThermiSmooth and CoolSculpting into the following categories:
- Pain or discomfort: The ThermiSmooth–none. CoolSculpting (CS)–mild to moderate.
- Pain or discomfort after treatment: ThermiSmooth–none. CoolSculpting–mild to moderate.
- Numbness after treatment: ThermiSmooth–none. CS–yes, for a few days to weeks.
- Swelling: ThermiSmooth–none. CoolSculpting–for a few days to weeks.
- What to expect: ThermiSmooth–reduces fat, tightens skin, reduces wrinkles, reduces cellulite. CoolSculpting reduces fat
- Two to four treatments are necessary for both ThermiSmooth and CoolSculpting
- The ThermiSmooth can be used virtually anywhere on the body plus around the eyes, forehead, mouth, lower face, areas not commonly used with CoolSculpting. Both can be used for the body, arms, legs and neck.
Other ThermiRF attachments are:
ThermiVA–an attachment to the ThermiRF that, utilizing a highly controlled radio frequency, tightens the inside and outside of the vaginal area up to 50%, painlessly with no recovery time and no anesthesia. This also reduces or eliminates urinary stress incontinence a disabling complication in many women who have had traumatic or multiple child births. In additionally, the ThermiVa treats other female disorders such as dryness, atrophic vaginitis and dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse).
ThermiTight–A minimally invasive procedure to further tighten skin, melt fat, treat cellulite, and reduce wrinkles. This is a one treatment procedure that requires local anesthesia and uses a small probe just beneath the skin to heat the skin, fat, and collagen to higher temperatures, accurately monitored and controlled for the proper temperatures to achieve the predetermined goals. A short recovery time is expected, but generally no time off from normal daily duties. The ThermiTight can be used to further tighten skin after other procedures have been performed.
Both ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth are indicated for the face, neck, arms, back (bra and love handles), buttocks, abdomen, thighs, knees, and legs. The RealSelf “Worth it” rating for the CoolSculpting is 72% and for the ThermiTight is 94%. ThermiSmooth is not yet rated.
Also available is the ThermiDry–an attachment for permanent reduction of underarm sweating.
The New Youth Medical Spa & Laser Center, as well as the Head Quarters for New Youth Skin Care and Hair Restoration Savannah is located within Finger and Associates Plastic Surgery Center in Savannah. You can view amazing pictures of previous NeoGraft Patients on New Youth Medical Spa in the NeoGraft Gallery Section. NeoGraft is the only “Hair Transplant Procedure” without Scar, Scalpel, or Stitches. All major surgery cases are conducted in the Bluffton office, offering state of the art surgery suites. Complimentary consults are available to all patients in either or location. Military discounts are honored in either or location. Call the office to schedule your consult at 912-421-4893.